More XJ questions..

I have a few more XJ questions on my 89 Cherokee Pioneer 5spd, 4 liter.

In 4wd high, what is the maxium speed I could drive without breaking something? (On something like a very wet freeway).

What is the maximum speed I can shift between 2hi and 4hi at?

Has any added an after-market cruise control system to a Cherokee? Yay? Nay? tips?

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

You can drive at any safe highway speed in 4wd high. That should make you think though, If I need to be in 4wd then I better slow my butt down. Anyhow, you wont break your XJ by going to fast in high unless you hit something. The manual states that you may shift between 2wd and 4wd at any safe highway speed. It helps a lot to let on and off the gas pedal while shifting.As far as the aftermarket cruise, I dont know. Also go to

for tons of XJ information. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
Larry

Thanks guys!

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Larry, is this the kit you bought?

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Reply to
Larry

Reply to
Larry

Reply to
Larry

How did you hide the wires going to the unit?

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Reply to
Larry

the description says it is hard to install.. can you give more detailed information about installing on an 89 cherokee w/o factory cruise?

thanks,

carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Reply to
Larry

Your manual says you may shift from 2wd ro 4wd up tp 55mph. However you can only be in 4wd in snowy icy, muddy, or gravel conditions. A rain covered highway is not slippery enough to use the 4wd system in your Jeep. Using it on dry or just wet pavvement will harm the system.

Reply to
Mark12211

Thanks Mark. I couldn't find it in my manual, I guess I am just blind?

Thanks again to everyone who replied.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed