Speedo fix

Vehicle in question is an 89 Cherokee Pioneer 4wd. 5spd, 4liter. Stock everything.

After ripping the sidewall out of a Goodyear RT/S today, I bought some slightly used (80-90% tread left) 30" Toyo open countries (studded) on a decent set of wheels for $100. These will hold me over untill I get a set of

30" BFG Mud terrain T/A's. The Open Countries fit snugly under the XJ w/o rubbing on the street. I won't be doing much (if any) trailing (or driving) untill after I install my 2" lift.

Can the studs be removed?

What steps do I need to take to correct the speedometer?

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Carl Saiyed did pass the time by typing:

yep. Pair of pliars. But once you run snow tires without studs you probably won't be able to put the studs back in. (debris builds up in the holes)

New gear for the speedo shaft.

DougW

The studs can be removed with a small screwdriver and pliers. Needle nosed vise grips are my favorite for doing that. Once out, you cannot put them back in without a 'lot' of trouble.

I now have 235's on my XJ which are almost 30" and my speedo is now right on according to many checks with my GPS. I recommend you check it before changing anything.

Mike

Carl Saiyed wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain