motor mounts

Anyone done these for the 93-99 ZJ with the 4.0?

Looks like some of my vibration problems are to to dying motor mounts. Little buggers are expensive too

90-88$ each and about 300 for labor. Gonna do them myself probably, that's too much for mounts (unless they are a royal pain that is).
Reply to
DougW

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

I thought that too, but they came like that, with a hole on the upper side. I expected a solid rubber donut. Strange isn't it. :/

Actually it got me thinking that I could order a poly bushing from Energy Suspension and replace the guts just like doing the track bar. Not even sure exactly what the OEM comes as. For 80$ I'm expecting the mounts and bushing but who knows, can't find a picture of the OEM unit and only one mention of an aftermarket from these folks.

Fired off an email asking if they could send me a picture. If it's just the guts then the surgery shouldn't take too long. (famous last words)

Almost makes me want the old C-10 Chevy back. Those mounts were just a hunk of rubber and took a few minutes each side to do.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Just got a message back from

where I gave them a link to the pics. They responded that I need new mounts. Guess my memory isn't what it was. Either that or I suffered an optical delusion.

Will order in new mounts (which by the way are the frame side with isolator) At least the mount won't have to be ground again to clear the header.

Should have a writeup on the effort eventually. Work is going to have me away from the Jeep for a week but TurkeyDay is coming up.. 4 days to futz with the Jeep.

Reply to
DougW