Motorcraft 2150

Does anyone know where the vacuum hose from the power valve should be hooked up to. I ahd someone do some work on it and now it goes to nowhere.

Reply to
jimmy3stix

It needs to be connected to a manifold vacuum source, which means any vacuum port below the throttle plate is acceptable.

Chris

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Anyone have a link with similarly detailed information related to the Motorcraft 2100 carb (predecessor to the 2150)?

Thanks

Reply to
lynnhowlyn

I don't know how you may tell them apart:

The kit will have all thenecessary info. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

-- 30 --

Reply to
Pink Freud

You should have been truthful for once and stopped right there.

I have an exploded view in pdf format if that will help you.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

Here's a link in the meantime:

twaldron

It is real easy to tell, the 2150 is altitude compensated with a extra small throttle bore in back that is controled by a barometeric "can"

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

You mean the throttle dampener, like the external dash pot. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig, L.W. (Bill) Hughes III did state:

Reply to
ouzo-uzi

No, I mean the altitude compensator that controls a small throttle valve/plate in a smaller bore to lean mixture as altitude increases because carbs go rich in thin air otherwise. My 79 J20 has one and many years ago I have it in the mountains up to 9000 feet a feet times and had no mixture, idle or run problems other than "normal" power loss in thinner air. I was actually impressed with how well it worked.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan