New fuel tank install

It took me 30 minutes to get the old tank out. 3 hours + to get the new one in, but still have one more bolt to get through on the tanks back side. The one I purchased was from 4 wd hardware. I measured the mounting holes and dimensions with the old tank Yes I did have to trim off some of the metal, but this is ridiculous!!! I'm starting to get within an 1/4" of the tank welded seal bead. I'll get it wrapped up tomorrow, but have any of you all had such a miserable experience replacing the original tank with a so called direct replacement? Also, I think I've this return fuel line routing thing figured out.

Later

Reply to
Paul Brogren

I went with the plastic tank from 4WD Hardware and had no problems with my CJ5. Everything lined up and fit perfectly.

4WD Hardware is usually pretty good about that stuff.

Good luck.

Reply to
Casey Teague