Opinions on web page

The question is coming up of do I leave the web page up or do I take it off line? Or perhaps password protect it? Long story of why, but I will let you know what happens, if anything. Any comments from the peanut gallery??

Reply to
jbjeep

jbjeep did pass the time by typing:

Just guessing but if it's a problem with your ISP and running a server then maby it's time to pick a web service or firewall the ISPs scanner IP. More and more are getting picky about such things or like here on cox.net simply blocking port 80 inbound to put a virtual cork in the problem.

My "real" site is currently hosted by godaddy.com and whois protected by domainsbyproxy.com since there are more than a few kooks out there that would like to know where I live.

It comes with email, webmail, and basic services. They are also very anti spam.

has the price data. There are cheaper but most also host spammers so email is iffy.

Reply to
DougW

No, no issues there. My bro-in-law hosts my site.

Its more of a personal attack by a local land management agency, then hearing that there was an "uproar at the region 3 meeting when those pictures were posted".

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I enjoy your postings and trail run updates. I for one would miss your website. I vote for password protection... something like "jeepgirlsgonewild".

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

jbjeep did pass the time by typing:

Ah, greenies with a stick up the arse. There will always be those folks that try to protect the world from terrible distruction at the hands of mindless offroading yahoos. ;)

Put a nice disclaimer on your site. Something along the lines that no animial were injured in the production of the pictures, sticking to the trails, pack in what you pack out, etc. Then stick a copyright on the bottom and state that the images on the site may not be used without permission.

Not that a wacko is going to pay attention to that but properly done it would allow you to put pressure on them if you wanted to.

heh.. request that the agency send you those photos since they were used without permission and in violation of your copyright. :)

Reply to
DougW

you have a great site Jennifer...I've stumbled upon it before and enjoyed it...I say leave it up for all to enjoy! good luck! Jeff '03 TJ - '95 ZJ

Reply to
Jeep

Unfortunately that is happening up here in Canada too. The locals are using off road photos from local club members as ammunition to show the carnage going on.

Unfortunately they are all too right. Some of these local clubs don't have 1/4 of a brain between them all. They are now going out and destroying entrance lanes to trails I am reading on local boards. These lanes have folks living on them and are getting so torn up folks can't drive home or emergency vehicles can't get there. Guess which trails are going to be closed next....

I went on one run once with one local group and at the end we stopped at a mall to get burgers. This mall has paved entrances, but all these jerkoffs drove across the grass medians leaving bare tire ruts from spinning across! I couldn't freaking believe it!

Needless to say that was the only run I have ever joined and made up my mind to host my own runs with folks from the Jeep newsgroups.

Mike

jbjeep wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:

One of my cowerkers, now retired, has this problem with a section of land he owns. It takes some serious money to maintain a passable gravel road and local yehaws are tearing it up.

Reply to
DougW

Get some of those movies that Kevin in San Diego (I think that's him) put together! It's all about family and having fun!

IT's all propaganda!! Erase what doesn't work for your cause and show what does!

Reply to
Steve