OT: Toyota 4x4 PU Tow Hooks Q re: model year

Hello, Slightly off topic, but maybe some of you have a Toy, or a neighbor who does... so here goes my Q.

I am forced to replace a tow hook that was stolen off my 1993 Toyota 4x4 PU.

I had 2 hooks on it. One was the 93 factory single hook. I was also given one by an old neighbor who has since moved away. The one he gave me had the standard hook facing forward, AND also had a smaller hook facing rear. This Double Hook is the one that was stolen, and INS is going to cover it along with other items taken.

The Q is What year/model did these double hook tow hooks come from?

Thanks, Brian

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

My 88 Toyota 4x4 Pickup has a singe hook at the front. Can't tell you what years might have had a double hook.

You'll proably get more info about Toyota hooks than you care about in the Toyota Truck newsgroup: alt.autos.toyota.trucks

Good luck, - Jeff G

Reply to
Bubba Kahuna

Thanks for checking & writing.

I posted the same Q to the Toyota Truck newsgroup: alt.autos.toyota.trucks

and there have been a hundred posts since mine - not one person on .toyota. has bothered to respond to me...

yet here on the Jeep group I get a response for a OT vehicle Q

I am so glad I am a jeeper, we are so cool

it must be another 'Jeep' thing :) Brian

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

What you see as lack of response is not an aberration, Brian. My other vehicle for the family is a Sienna and I have found that I sometimes need to just repost the same post over again to get it noticed in the alt.autos.toyota NG. It might also be that you are so known and respected here versus being an unknown there. Good luck, Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Turns out the double ended tow hooks are off the late 80's - mid 90's Toyota

4Runners. Thanks for the help. :) Brian