over heating Jeep

HEllo, I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4. For some reason it's overheating. I had the radiator checked, water pump, thermostat, heating core, and a cooling flush. They still don't have any ideas what is wrong. I am not more then 10 minutes down the road when the check gauges light beeps and comes on. Also I don't have any heat. The air that comes out is cold. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
jsamson

Take back to where you had the work.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Reply to
philthy

air lock ? Are you losing fluid ?

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

No inside heat either means a lot of air in the system, the wrong water pump on it or a blockage.

There are two pumps for that engine, do you have the correct one. It will say REV on it if you have a serpentine belt.

Mike

Mike Romain

instrument failure?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Check the coolant level. Low coolant = no heat.

Reply to
billy ray

If it is an air lock a good way to fix it without fancy tools is to remove the temperature sending unit or the heater hose that attaches to the cylinder head, prior to filling the cooling system. Put it back when coolant starts to be visible at the opening. There are some weird engines where more is required, but I don't think that the Jeep 4.0 litre is one of them. With a new heater core, you can pour some coolant into one heater hose, enough to fill the core, with the other one attached to the engine. It doesn't take any more time to do it this way, and it is a whole lot better than trying to get air out of a sealed system later.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton