Quick OBD II warning light question...

I've been noticing that my coolant temp gauge has been showing a low reading (130-140) so I'm suspecting a bad thermostat. Concurrently, the warning light illuminates. Can the low temp cause this? Thanks all. ('01 Grand Cherokee 70K)

***AVG certified virus-free***
Reply to
tom

What warning light?

Was it the check engine light?

What code or codes show up?

Reply to
billy ray

Yes, if the PCM determines the engine coolant temp is staying cold too long.

Reply to
bllsht

Thanks...new thermostat solved the problem.

Reply to
tom