Re: overheating 4.0L

The thermostat is in the right way, and the rad is newer. The electric fan is not kicking in but when jumped to the battery it will spin. When looking in the overflow bottle the coolant is just barely moving. The jug fills up a bit if I rev the engine. I will take out the thermostat and check it, but it would be odd to get two faulty in a row... If it is not, looks like i will be swapping the pump, any suggestions?

Dave...

Reply to
dcollivier

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I have seen an amazing pile of rust flakes come out of an XJ rad. Maybe it is time to take off the hoses and flush it out?

Did you check the mechanical fan? They do up and die causing overheating.

Mike

dcollivier wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain