Re: problem solved

Just a word of warning, I had my hard doors hanging on similar hooks and the

> two inch screws provided pulled out of the studs. The doors crashed to the > floor, bending and scratching them. :-( I remounted the hooks with 4 inch > lag bolts and havn't had a problem since. > > Here's a link to my hardtop hoist plans > >

Yep. When you use any hook on a garage wall, throw away the screws they come with and use at least 3" bolts. It's a good idea to drill the joists first that way you don't split the 2x4 with a bolt. Just make the hole slightly smaller than the solid center on your bolt.

Never trust anything anchored to just sheet rock unless you use a molley-bolt or toggle bolt. Those plastic push-anchors and not good for heavy loads.

Reply to
DougW

oops.. spelling error

moly-bolt

DougW

They're called butterfly bolts in the UK

Reply to
Desert YJ

cheers !

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: >

: > Dave Milne, Scotland : > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Dave Milne