rear diff leak

I have a 2001 jeep renagade, i do alote of 4x4 driving in all terrians. im so happy with its 4x4 capabilitys' but the orther day i needed to stop quickly on a tared road and i locked it up in second gear n i herd a big bag? i thort nothing of it but now my rear diff is slow leaking diff oil from were the tail sharft connects into the diff???? does anyone have any info no this matter(how to dismantel the diff & replace the broken part)..

Reply to
bigblack

If your pinion seal is leaking its an easy fix, you should have it looked at though. It is just a simple seal though. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego