jeep wrangler renagade 2001

does any one know if a 2001 wangler is ment to have caps over the front wheel bearings to stop the water getting in cause mine dosn't have any?

Reply to
bigblack

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

thanks heeps for the info. Ive only had my jeep for a month i have heeps to learn.

Reply to
bigblack

You can get "Mud Seals" for your Dana 30 made by Drivetrain Direct. Easy to install with double seals and its got a zerk fitting. I paid around $130 for mine and they work. No water in the axel tubes - no more gray gear oil. Search google for info.

Andy

2001 TJ
Reply to
Andy

You also don't have any front wheel bearings sitting under where you think a cap should be. No parts to change or repack or grease, the hub is a sealed unit you have to throw away when it gets worn.

Mike

bigblack wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

btw there is no " renegade" edition in

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Well, yes there was a "renegade" edition - may be not in USA. In New Zealand Wrangler Sahara was called Renegade in 2000 and 2001. I know because I am driving one (I can send you the photo)>>>

TW

Reply to
TW