Recommendation on Shocks for 89 Cherokee

Hi:

I'm looking for advice for shocks for my 89 Cherokee. I don't do a lot of four wheeling but do a little snow driving on the way up to the ski hill.

Here are some other details: Stock setup - I'm not planning on a lift - however I might consider a 1 or 1 1/2" lift if it wouldn't hurt my transmission/Transfer Case (I recall reading years ago that it wasn't advised to raise an XJ equipped with a Select Track transfer case) I'm looking for value, but don't mine paying for something of better quality- maybe something 'tougher' but not if that means the ride will be harsh. I don't want to bother with any air assist or adjustable - I'll never adjust them anyway

I'm thinking about some Rancho RS5000's or some Munro Sensitracks

Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated.

89 Cherokee XJ, I6 4L, 2D
Reply to
Blabber

It sounds like you bought or somehow acquired a Cherokee recently. How about posting a picture on

or something?

It sounds like you want stock oem quality shocks. Like what you can get in Autozone, NAPA, Schuck's or almost anywhere as "Heavy Duty". I don't think I ever saw a replacement shock that wasn't at least "Heavy Duty". Lifetime replacement if they ever wear out is a good deal that a lot of the chain shops have.

Saludos,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton