Reduced Accel around 50mph

Hi all- I'm a relative Jeep newbie, but this group has already been an outstanding resource for me. I have an 03 TJ 4.0L, automatic trans. When I reach nearly 50mph, I consistently get a rattling sound and reduced acceleration. The acceleration becomes very sluggish, similar to when I used to drive a 4 cylinder econobox and encountered any significant road incline. If I very briefly step off the gas and then press back on, the condition goes away and my regular acceleration returns. This has developed in the past month or so. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Reply to
RossG

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Bill, plugs only have about 16K on them, I'll check the Throttle Sensor and give it a scrub.

Reply to
RossG

Alarm goes off.....

What 'kind' of plugs?

Mike

RossG wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Plugs are Champion, but I'll check them anyway...Thanks again.

Reply to
RossG

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Or NGK ZFR5N at .035".

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I believe it's time for a medication adjustment there, Bill.

Reply to
bllsht