Retread Mud tires???

And completely meaningless in a discussion of using retreads on a Jeep. Running at low pressures cause heat, heat will probably cause delamination. How much are you willing to risk to save a few bucks? Chances are if you throw a tread while crawling, not much bad will happen, but the trip will be less fun without a good spare, and faith in the remaining 3 retreads. The one time I did not replace my Jeepster's tires with BFGs, I regretted it.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Just figured I would let everyone read the response I got from the company.....

Thank you for your inquiry, even though it says 2000 the prices have been updated. Thirty-three inch tires are very hard to acquire not always in stock, call for availability. For a set of 4 33"-15 muds $370 in with green diamonds $430 these prices includes shipping and handling by UPS. I make this suggestion to everyone that wants a 33 inch tire. A 265-75R-16 is within 1/2" of our 33" in diameter, but is

1 3/8 narrower in tread width. This would be similar to a 33-1050R-16 this tire requires a wheel of 16 inch between 7-8" wide. I realize you would have to acquire the 16 inch wheels, but the 265-75R-16 are available on Michelin casings load range C or E. and turn out beautifully, as well as being readily available. Thanks for hearing me out,and please give it some consideration.

A little general information: we use a full grade truck rubber on all our tires. Our truck rubber contains 15 to 20 percent natural rubber, which will disperse heat better,it's more cut resistant, and gives better adhesion to the tire.

We computer build and balance all tires.

Tires are available with green diamonds, making them the ultimate all weather tire. Green diamonds are small carbide particles that we systematically blend throughout the tread rubber. This gives you traction similar to a studded tire, but with No noise and No seasonal restriction. The tires maintain their traction and ability for the life of the tread. This means you get superb traction on dry, wet, snowy, or icy roads. They can be run in all 50 states year around.

Tires come with a two-year or 24,000 mile workmanship and material warranty, excluding off-road.

so a set of 4 of 265-75R-16 would be $350 or $410 with the green diamonds

Reply to
aGraham

Well, that kinda says it all.

Good response, the guy is up front on it.

I do like that carbide tread idea though.....

Just can't see airing down a retread, but then I have never aired down my BFG 33x9.5 mud's that are no longer made....

Mike

Mike Romain