Rubber bushing kit PLEASE!

I see thousands and thousands of posts on here for poly bushing kits, but where the heck does one go about obtaining a RUBBER bushing kit (i.e. stock) for a 1991 Cherokee 4WD?! It's my wife's jeep and with the Rancho 5000's that are already on there the ride is somewhat less than forgiving, so I'm not about to put poly bushings on there and make it even more stiff.

Somebody please help!

-moitz-

Reply to
moitz

A Jeep dealer?

-John

Reply to
Generic

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Put a set of poly on my son's 89 XJ last weekend. Actually improved the ride a lot.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Well, I guess the real question then should be "how MUCH stiffer over bumps will urethane bushings be?" The current nearly total lack of bushing makes for a bone jarring ride. I'm also considering changing out the Rancho's for a good set of Monroe's or something with more "absorber" and less "shock". Basically, the closer to a stock ride, the better.

-moitz-

Reply to
moitz

I've replaced most of the bushings in the ZJ with poly. The ride is firmer but not harsh and one hell of a lot better than the cracked up ones they replaced. Actually the ride is probably closer to stock now. YMMV.

Reply to
DougW

I would change the shocks and use poly mounts. Those 5000s make for a rough ride.

Reply to
HomeBrewer

moitz proclaimed:

Rancho is a Monroe brand. The urethane bushings will take the slight jitter feeling out of the suspension a bit. They also tend to make bump slap a bit more pronounced. They also tend to squeak if not installed with proper lube.

For a close to stock ride that also has fairly good control, you might want to check out a self adjuster such as the Edelbrock IAS or similar.

Reply to
Lon