Rust proof spray on stuff..???

That POR stuff is sooooooooooooo over priced. Maybe it's just the demand for it?? Anyway,..has anyone had experience with a spray can Rhinoliner type stuff?? I'm wanting to use it on my floor boards. Seems I'm always getting puddles there...even with the drain plug out...okay it's missing. My floor boards aren't in the greatest shape so I'm trying to salvage the best I can. Thanks!

Reply to
<ABanks5

POR15 is a bit pricey, but a pint will do your whole frame with some to spare, and it's much more durable than anything else I've used. I did my S-10 frame with it about 4 years ago and it still looks great. It's very resistant to chipping. Plus, you save a heap of time by not having to prep the surface nearly as much as you do with most other products.

Chris

A pint will do the entire frame!?!? How did you apply it....not that I don't believe you..it's just hard for me to imagine. Thanks Allen

Reply to
<ABanks5

POR-15:

POR-15 application on non porous surfaces (most metals): Approximate coverage:

Pint = 50 sq. ft. Quart = 96 sq. ft. Gallon = 350 sq. ft.

snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

I just brushed it on. The stuff is quite watery right out of the can and goes a long way. When I did my truck, I bought a quart for the frame and a few other pieces. Most of the suspension was powdercoated, but I did the frame, battery tray, fender brackets and things like that. I ended up using slightly more than half the can for everything. One thing to note that might make a difference, I did have the frame completely sandblasted, which I think may have reduced the amount I used as compared to painting over the rust and scale.

Chris

L.W.(ßill)

I was a bit puzzled by the math/logic of that chart, also. Why the increasing losses from larger containers? (8 pts=1gal., but 1 gal listed as 350 sq. ft. whilst 8x50=400). Surely you wouldn't leave a pint of it stuck inside the gallon can!

Paul B.

Reply to
PLB49

Reply to
twaldron

It could be because the diameter of the can is larger, and POR15, when improperly stored, forms a "crust on the top of the paint in the can. Since the area that hardens up is bigger, there would be more loss to this. Obviously this wouldn't be the case if you used the whole gallon at one time.

Chris

.. or 8 S10's..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall

Was that the 111" or 125" chassis?..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall
111"

Chris

A couple of years back I had Line-X sprayed to cover the interior floor boards and up about 6 inches. I wears like iron and has a lifetime guarantee costs about $275.00.

My bud decided not to go that route and went for the spray on stuff cost him about $90.00 for the kit. The first year it was impressive but then it started to chip and fail.

I helped him with the prep everything was cherry sprayed the binder (primer coat) and then sprayed the finish coat. Well, mine is still like new and I yanked out all the OEM stuff and put down some HD mats.

Do not be stingy when it comes to your investment or you may regret it.

Reply to
HarryS