slight vibration after 2 inch lift

HI All,

I just installed a 2 inch lift, springs and shocks. Everything feels tight, except there is a slight vibration from the rear between 25 and 35 mph during acceleration. Its livable, but is it doing any damage? If so, how can I eliminate it?

Reply to
John

Did you install the tcase drop kit? You raised the drive train, and this changes the angles of the driveshaft. The tcase drop kit sets the drivetrain angles back where they belong.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

No, i Didn't.

Reply to
John

probably tear up your u joints

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

It depends on how far you drive it. You should drive something else until Saturday ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks, I ordered the Transfer case kit and the relocation bracket for the shifter. Hopefully I will have it by Saturday, I am already having jeep withdrawals!!

Reply to
John

Where did you order a bracket for the shifter?

Reply to
sleddog05468

Quadratec has it. The kit comes with a new mount for the transmission. But i found that you only need it if you are using the Skyjacker lowered Skid plate. If you are using the stock Transfer case skid plate and the 2 red bars from Skyjacker, you do not need the transmision bracket. I would call up quadratec and see if you can order a kit without it. Save some money.

Reply to
John