Snap-on tools cheap on the bay.

see my other auctions. Thanks

Reply to
t4613

Snap-On tools are great but if you don't work in a shop where the salesperson stops you are going to have a hell of a time chasing him or her down when one breaks. And all tools break sooner or later.

Earle

Earle Horton

Earle, you are right there! If you are not a "regular customer", some of those guys are NOT interested in honoring that warranty. Best to have a buddy that is a customer if you are going to buy a bunch of Snap-Offs!

But, I must say that I really like their combination wrenches!

Bruce

Reply to
Highcountry

Funny, my husband has chests of tools that he bought on the west coast while he was working. We just check with a local shop and get the number of the guy, give him a call and never EVER had a problem meeting with one.

This has happened a few times.

Kate

Earle, you are right there! If you are not a "regular customer", some of those guys are NOT interested in honoring that warranty. Best to have a buddy that is a customer if you are going to buy a bunch of Snap-Offs!

But, I must say that I really like their combination wrenches!

Bruce

Reply to
Kate

Well of course it depends on the individual. Before investing in any substantial amount of tools, I recommend that you verify the availability of continued service first.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

billy ray

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Stainless steel tool boxes are available:

But maintaining the brushed finish is a pain in the ass.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Some of them are real pricks. Some are pretty decent.

I take all my broken ones (which are very few) to the local division office. They repair or replace them and mail them back to me. Never had a problem.

Some of Snap-On's tools are best of breed, but some I do not care for. I'm an auction hound so I buy out stuff from storage companies, bankrupt shops, etc. The strongest tool you can get is not generally Snap-On but typically German brands like Stahlwille or Hazet. Their ratchets are a little clunky. The sockets are thicker wall than Snap- On. Around here the German car places do not go bankrupt, and they are who has them.

The secondary value of Snap-On has come down quite a bit since eBay has made them more available. I have seconds and thirds and fourths of some things and haven't eBayed them because the price is so low.

Snap-On definitely sells the sizzle more than the steak.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Why am I not surprised? Bottom feeder.

Auf Wiedersehen,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Earle Horton proclaimed:

What brought that on? Not everyone can be a retired microsoft millionaire terrorizing their neighbors.

Perhaps judicious recycler would be more apropos?

Auf Uranus.

Reply to
Lon

Mr. Diesel aka Bret Ludwig is all talk and on action. I wonder how his air-cooled Deutz powered Wrangler project is coming.

I don't bother terrorizing my neighbors any more. They know better than to bother me now.

Saludos,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

buy sears,just as good,service better

writesoon!

Reply to
STURGON

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net proclaimed:

somewhat deteriorated in quality, not within 100 yards, possibly

ok

Reply to
Lon

Earle Horton proclaimed:

I'll have to fix that. Rumor is my employer wants to open a new center just slightly southwest of you and thinks I might volunteer.

Of course my real preference would be to live in Niwot mostly to see the look on peoples faces when you tell them you are from Niwot.

Reply to
Lon