Song for the Winter Season

Jingle Bells, Jingle bells Crossovers in the ditch All wheel drive ain't all wheel stop You dumb son of a

OK, possibly a few too many barely modified minivans with delusions of

4-wheeling in the ditches today in Colorado.
Reply to
Lon

*applause*
Reply to
DougW

3 or 4 years ago my kid brought his girlfriend home for Christmas. They were in her mom's new Lexus crossover. Had about 3" of snow for Christmas and that Lexus would not climb out of our driveway. It had traction control and who know's what all and when she'd press the gas pedal the computer wouldn't even let the motor rev up. Ended up tying a rope to my Wrangler and towing her to the top of the road. Here's a video of my driveway taken after last year's terrific ice storm where we were out of power for 11 days.
Looks like I'm gonna need an ark this Christmas, not a 4x4.
Reply to
Old Crow

Shotgun shells, rabbits all the way.

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Bit out in the back woods arn't ya.

Last years ice storm got us also, but even in the city the whole block was full of broken trees. Some were over 60 years old and three ft thick at the base!

Took three days to cut through the mess even with other folks helping.

Reply to
DougW

Took me and the neighbor 8 solid hours of cutting so I could get the Jeep out. Took another 6 to cut my way down to the other neighbor's place. Then, the next weekend it took me and my son another 16 hours to widen the cut area wide enough to get my F-100 out. Of course, the day after we finished that, the county came along and pushed all the stuff even wider so the Entergy trucks could get down the road to replace the broken poles. I've got the immediate yard cleaned up now, except for a couple of tree trunks that are about 18" across and 20 or so feet long and one big brush pile left to burn. I'll probably start on those soon if the weather cooperates.

Reply to
Old Crow