Steering Dampner Replacement

2000 Cherokee Sport,4L 95,000 miles.

I am in the process of replaceing shocks and steering dampner. I was able to get the front shocks off(frozen,rusted bolts). The dampner to draglink nut came off but the bolt to the axle is stuck. Any ideas? Anyone use a inpact gun on this,or try to break the nut from behind? Thanks

Reply to
DanFXR

It usually requires a puller. There are often available for loan (with a deposit) at your local auto parts store.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:

One of these will do the job.

Spray a bit of PB Blaster on the bolt, then tighten the tool up. Soon as you get it snug, give the bolt a light tap with a mallet then tighten again, tap, tap, tap, tighten, tap, tap.

The bolt will pop free after a few tries. If you just crank on the bolt it can slip off.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III