Storage Box Recommendation?

After 23 years in the Arizona desert, the wife and I moved to the Pacific Northwest. We can now take the hard top off of our 82 CJ for the summer months.

Would someone please give a recommendation for a storage box? We would like to lock up the winch control, registration/insurance paperwork, and tire changing gear while sporting a bikini top. (We bought a bikini top in 1994 and used it once for 2 weeks in AZ) We are long time Jeep owners, but very new to having the hard top off.

Thanks, Norman

Reply to
Norman

I,ve been pretty happy with the ExtendaTrunk from Quadratec

It isn't extremely secure, but big & easy to install.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Look at the various products that Tuffy offers. I have a stereo center console, dual overhead console, and the full length underseat security drawer. The rep. I spoke to mentioned that they will sell you replacement locks so you can have all your storage keyed alike for a very reasonable price of about $5. They have stock glove box inserts as well in order to make your current storage more secure. Many pieces are availiable in colors that match the interior, but I went with the universal matching color of BLACK. :)

Shawn

Reply to
Endo

The joke is on you folks. Wait until you drive two hundred miles, in a pouring rain, with the Bikini top. The trick is, that no one knows when a PNW summer will end. Then you get nine months of rain. (If you actually moved to Yakima, Wenatchee, or any place east of the Cascades, please disregard this.)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Anything from

will do you well. One other thing I might suggest, is also always carry a jacket and or rain gear in the lock box! It can be very important here in the Pacific Northwet. I know this from experience. Where abouts did you move to? East side or wet side?

Reply to
jbjeep

Norman ( snipped-for-privacy@yahooNOSPAM.com) wrote on Thursday 21 July 2005 06:31 pm:

Norman,

You didn't mention what sort of CJ. If it's a Scrambler (CJ8), Home Depot sells a truck toolbox that fits perfectly between the rollbars. You can mount it between the rollbars with exhaust clamps. Just drill a couple of holes on each side of the toolbox.

I think it'll only fit a Scrambler, though, as the back side of other CJs' rollbars aren't mounted to the floor.

Reply to
Michael White

------------------------------------------------ Thank you all for the recommendations and links. I'll start shopping on Saturday. Our Jeep is a CJ-7. We moved to Spokane. We are as far east of the Cascades as you can be and still be in Washington. (12 miles from Idaho) We have not seen very much rain. Thanks again to all of you for your suggestions.

Sincerely, Norman

Reply to
Norman

I drive with a Bikini all summer, we just had a month of straight rain. It's not so bad..

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

Reply to
thomas

hmmm, I guess it was...heheheh

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

I'm not so sure I want to ever see you in a bikini much less all summer.

Reply to
Billy Ray