TIG Welding on a TJ

Thanks for replies, I will bear them all in mind before I start.

It's a 2002 TJ as I think someone asked what year and I am assuming that was referring to the vehicle

Cheers Nick

Reply to
Nick

google "herculiner hootus" and wonder what a flying blob of molten metal would do. :O

Reply to
DougW

It was me who asked about the year of the vehicle...

If it were me doing the welding, I would disconnect the battery, protect area below with a welding blanket, and protect area above with sheetmetal shields. With tig, its not like your throwing alot of slag around. A shielding gas does wonders for keeping impurities out. Just make sure your parts are cleaned up good. djdave

Reply to
djdave

I watched those cop videos or something like it last week and a guy at a gas pump caught on fire.

He stopped dropped and rolled and the fire would not go out. He rolled and rolled and rolled. An extinguisher was used, the fire still would not go out. The finally got it out by tossing a coat and a shirt on him to smother it....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > It would be kind of difficult to throw the tarps under a Jeep? Thats what I
Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III