33" Tyres on a TJ

Hi, I am planning on running 33 x10.5 MTR's on my TJ, is it possible to run them on the stock vehicle if I only use it for road use while waiting for the 4" lift kit to arrive as I need to modify some parts to go from LHD to RHD. This means that I can have the differential ratio's and ARB's fitted before the lift, SYE and driveshaft arrives.

Cheers Nick

Reply to
Nick

Scroll down a little bit until you find the topic: "Can I PLEASE run 32's on my unlifted TJ?"

Bill Hughes gave this site which shows models and tire sizes:

From what I've heard/seen, I wouldn't do it ...

Reply to
griffin

Would have thought you could regear anyway ; if you have the

6 cyl TJ, you almost certainly have 3.07 gears ; if you regear to 4.55 you would be doing nearer 3000 instead of 2000 on the motorway @ 70. Out of interest, what parts do you have to modify ? I'm assuming its the trackbar relocation bracket ?

Dave Milne

They make them in 33x10.50?!?!

What i really want is 32x10.50.

Pretty sure that the MT/R only comes in 33x12.50.

-jeff

Reply to
Handywired

LT265/75R16 = 32x10.4 (r16) Close enough for you Jeff? Of course, this assumes you're running the 16" rims, and not 15" ones.

I don't see a metric equivalent of 32x10.50 on the site like the OP mentions, though...

Reply to
Bob

LT265/75R16 = 32x10.4 (r16) Close enough for you Jeff? Of course, this assumes you're running the 16" rims, and not 15" ones.

I don't see a metric equivalent of 32x10.50 on the site like the OP mentions, though...

Reply to
Bob

The parts I am modifying are the panhard rod drop bracket, the adjustable panhard rod also needs adjusting as it will hit the pumpkin on the diff (already done that bit with a hydraulic pipe bender). The final item to be modified is the brace for the panhard rod extension bracket, but this also need packing down as the radiator bottom hose interfers with it

Cheers Nick.

Reply to
Nick