TJ front signal light holding water

Hello Group I have had both bulb sockets replaced under warrenty for the front signal lights on my 01TJ due to corroding from water getting in there. I thought that it might be bad seals but after both sockets were replaced I still get water collecting in them.(like a lake eh) Anyone else see this problem and have a fix other than replacing the sockets as mine were replaced but didn't seem to fix the leak. Thank in advance Regards Frank

Reply to
FrankW

L.W.(ßill)

FrankW did pass the time by typing:

Clean the sockets and cover the electrics with dielectric grease (sparkplug grease). That will keep the rustbunnies at bay. If the lamps have a air hole you might consider running a tube back a foot or so. That way you won't actually suck moisture into the lamp, just the tube. Point the tube down and it will drain itself.

Reply to
DougW

Go easy on the power washer when blasting mud, snow & salt from under the front fenders. That was the cause for my '99TJ burnt out turn signal (forward facing driver's side - twice).

Replaced the unit and went heavy with the dielectric grease. No problems for the last few years.

Reply to
gregw45