need to replace '95 grand cherokee radio

I need to replace my '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo radio/cassette. It has started only receiving radio stations if you program them into the pre-set buttons (so I have to know exactly what station I want, program it in and then press the pre-set before it will come in...autoseek and even just turning the knob to find a station won't work).

Anyway, I have two questions:

1) anyone know where I can find a replacement radio/cassette (pref salvage, pref cheap)? I'm in Maine, but will order online.

2) Once I do find a radio, how do I go about getting the old radio out and the new one in? I can't quite see how the facing on the dashboard comes off to allow access to what I assume would be screws holding the radio in. I'm pretty handy around the house, but no experience with auto repair.

Any help appreciated. Amy

Don't bother getting a salvaged/used radio. If all you are looking for is a basic radio/CD or cassette you can get a new one for $50. Some places even offer free install. Then you won't have to worry about that either.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

Head to the closest Best Buy. It'll be $150 max. You'll get a CD Player/AM/FM radio and have it professionally installed for free.

Reply to
Mark12211