TJ Heater Question?

Hello,

I have a problem with my heater.. It blows out heat just fine.. but when I turn the dial up tp the highest level it cuts off.. Has anyone seen this problem before?

TIA!!

SP

Reply to
sp

That is an odd one... The high setting is a direct 12 volts to the heater motor.

What year?

There is a recall out on the 99's at least about a bad ground connection on the back right of the instrument cluster panel that will cause the heater switch not to work. Maybe yours is loose so when it asks for full power the connection fails?

Mike

sp wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Yeah it is strange...

It is a 97 Wrangler.. It was working on the highest setting and all ofa sudden stopped. the first three settings work great..

thanks, SP

Reply to
sp

I just fixed mine ,it's the sensor chip ,i don't know what it's called , my garage said it happens alot ,,,,, 10$ that's all

Reply to
Al King

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I was just about to mention that!

Reply to
SteveBrady

Might just be a bad switch.

Reply to
Jersey

After rereading this I see your talking about the rheostat & not the switch, nevermind!

Reply to
Jersey

At the highest setting it is bypassing the resistor.The dash switch (in a 00 Cheeokee)connects to ground,dissconnect the plug at the resistor and check for continuity between the harness and a good ground.At each fan setting a different pin will have this.

Reply to
DANFXR