The Cold is Coming.. 97 TJ Heater Problem..

Hello again everyone,

I have posted about this before and tried a few things but had no luck. My 97 Tj Heat/AC will work on the first 3 settings Low/Med/MedHigh but not high. The AC cools good and it heats up ok. But when you turn the knob to the highest setting it cuts off! Nothing comes off just silence.. Even when it is just the fan running. Any ideas .. I checked the resister in the front by the battery and also the one behind the glove box. They both checked out ok. TIA for any suggestions. I really appreciate it!

Shawn

Reply to
SP

On the older Jeeps, high is it's own circuit with the lower speeds routed through the resistor pack. I am thinking there should be a heater relay in the power distribution center for high.

Mike

Mike Romain

Thanks for the response Mike! I saw a relay in the dis box by the battery that says/ ac I changed it with no luck. I also tried the on in the dash. If I take it out it doesn't work at all and when replaced it doesn't help.

Thanks! Shawn

Reply to
SP

If the resistor and blower motor relay are good then it is probably your blower motor switch.

Reply to
Coasty

The blower motor relay is located near the passanger side end of the heater-A/C housing, next to the heater-A/C wire harness connector.

Reply to
Coasty

Does the high speed circuit have a separate ground?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Don't the newer vehicles have the hi speed setting running through a separate fusible link like in the older models?

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Don't some models have a separate high speed blower motor relay?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I hear a relay click when I move my '97 TJ blower to high.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Can you post the pages showing where to open the heater box so the drain holes can be cleaned?

Also, do you think it's the motor or the linkage causing the wipers to work real slow on low in the cold?

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III