TJ tranny locked up... again! Help!

I just tip it back, hook the bottom pins, tip it up, hook the top pins and slide to an easy alignment..

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Cool, I have an engine to swap out in the near future and will maybe try that. I have some threaded rod I could cut to size.

Mike

Carl wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

It may catch on the threads. Tapering the ends really well makes a big difference. I like that the trans is safely suspended and perfectly aligned without ANY stress on the input shaft or pilot bearing. On my YJ, I had to pull my AX5 twice. The second time it took me 5 hours to RnR by myself. I did not seperate the t-case and transmission. Come to think of it, I didn't even jack the Jeep up thanks to the spring-over.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

LOL< yup. Mine usually required lots of pushing and then 'not so graceful' jump into the drivers seat, hoping that I didn't trip and get dragged under the wheels After finally getting into the seat, hoping that it was moving fast enough to start when I popped the clutch and a good deal of cursing on those occasions when it wasnt.

Dang, I'm glad those days are gone.

Kate.

Reply to
Kate

Just to update all: I found a roll pin in the fork shaft that had worked its way out, no other damage. So for a 25 cent part I had to buy a cherry picker (which I've wanted anyway), take all that crap out, and install a new clutch.

JimG

Reply to
JimG

It's nice to have an excuse to buy toys isn't it. :)

Reply to
DougW