Torque/HP curve for '79 360

Does anyone have a link or the specs for a '79 Jeep 360, from a J20? I need to know the RPM at peak torque, peak torque, RPM at peak HP & peak HP. I am trying to select a torque converter for my junk. I am not sure of how to adjust the curve for a Holley ProJection, I might just keep my selection conservative.

TIA

--James

RocknTJ

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bill, I use my Waggy primarily for towing (no offroad), so the 280-300 lb/ft @

1500 rpm is great, but I'd like to get it to around 230-250hp. I'd planned on an Edelbrock performer cam and carb with DUI ignition ; how close to my target will that take me do you think ? I note that Edelbrock have now brought out higher compression cylinder heads, but sadly I have other ( = house ) priorities for my readies right now..

Dave Milne

Might give these guys a call:

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That is amazing. Thanks.

Maybe I should have got an old 6 cylinder. LOL

--James

Reply to
RocknTJ

Reply to