Toyota FJ Cruiser tests in AZ

Anyone notice the pics of the new FJ on the Toyota website with off-road pics? The vehicles all have AZ plates on them. I don't recognize the trail they're on. Anyone seen any out on the trails?

mc

98 TJ Sport 4.0 5sp original owner 95k
Reply to
mc

Now why would we Jeepers be alooking at a Toyota website?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

It looks like an Austin Mini on steroids.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Bill is right. To avoid a charter violation and a possible TOS from your ISP, do not mention "Land Cruiser" in this forum. Ever. Do not mention "LC". Do not mention "Land" if to be followed directly by the word "Cruiser" in any fashion. To mention "Cruiser, Land" would be a very transparent attempt at hiding the term "Land Cruiser" and would be subject to the same punishment as writing "Land Cruiser". Do not mention the name "Toyota", as this conjures images of Land Cruisers and my lead to thoughts of ownership, admiration, and possibly even test drives of Land Cruisers. Using the words, "land" and "cruise" is permissible only in this fashion:

"I was cruising around in my JEEP on my grandfather's land this weekend."

See by the example that the word "land" and "cruiser" are separated by the word "JEEP". Also, the only capitalized word is JEEP. This is the only legal use of the words Land Cruiser on this forum. This is why you will see this exact sentence used so prevalently on this forum during weekends of particularly slow 4WD activity. It is kind of a 'go to' sentence and enables the use of formations of the popular words, "land" and "cruiser".

___________________________________________________________ tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco 03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5" 01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,

1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email) ___________________________________________________________

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
twaldron

Here is a copy of the newsgroup's Charter:

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

To quote:

CHARTER: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The unmoderated newsgroup rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys is to be used for discussions, announcements, expression of opinions, and questions about Jeep (Trade Mark) and Willys vehicles. It also serves as a medium for those interested in sharing and exchanging their experience. It is also meant to be a forum for buying and selling parts by non-commercial vendors.

Some things that could be discussed....

-Jeep/Willys history -repairs and modifications -parts exchange -technical information -4x4 driving experiences -vehicle restoration -new vehicle evaluations

Some things that shouldn't be discussed....

-4 wheel drive vehicles made by other manufacturers -commercial posts

The articles sent to the Jeep listserver will be cross-posted to Usenet but not vise versa.

END CHARTER.

End quote.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Aug./05
Mike Romain

"It also serves as a medium for those interested in sharing and exchanging their experience."

That seems to leave it open for just about anything. My experience, of seeing the Toyota FJ concept vehicle on their web site, was nauseating. Vehicles like this, and the latest Jeep offerings, just serve to make my Wrangler and my wife's FJ-40 more rare and valuable. Remember, real Wranglers have rectangular headlights, and real Land Cruisers have a metal and fiberglass roof, that leaks like crazy whenever it rains, an engine copied out of a '57 Chevy, drum brakes all around, and mechanical tappets. And Hughes and Waldron are inveterate jokers. That reminds me. When I get back, I have to put that rear heater that I found in Fort Collins in the FJ. Imagine, a complete rear heater, with no leaks, no dents, and the paint barely scratched. When I got it home, the motor even worked! You don't get thrills like that with a new vehicle. Now if I can only find those brass tees that I took out last summer...

Earle

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
Earle Horton

It certainly doesn't do any of the original FJ's any justice. Even Bill has to agree with that, after all the original Fiji's had leaf springs!

-- Taylor

'03 Audi S6 Avant '05 Mazda6 Wagon GT '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

CJ = Civilian Jeep

DJ = Delivery Jeep

YJ = Yuppie Jeep

FJ = Foreign Jeep

Or something like that

Reply to
Rusted

Damn, I wish they'd make a soft top FJ.

Reply to
B a r r y

Don't kill me but - Toy Jeep??

Reply to
J. C. Duchock

Nah, its Techno-Jeep. As in the technology that is in it compared to all the other Jeeps?? IE the coil springs, etc...

Also, the YJ is the yuppie jeep 'cause you could get power steering and a radio from the factory, right ??

Oh, and let us not forget the KJ (liberty) Is that for Kia-Jeep ??

Reply to
stoobiedoo