Where to find 72 CJ5 Wiper Linkage

Could anyone point me in the direction of a company that sells a wiper linkage kit for a 72 CJ5- all the sites I have found only list them for 76 and later, and neither Quadratec or 4WD could recommend anyone who might carry this. Thanks

Ben

Reply to
Ben Reuter

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

nope- the Jeep sat for quite a while before I got it- the linkage is shot, and I want to replace it when I replace the windshield frame next week- for some reason I've decided that even though it's a Jeep it might be nice to have some working wipers- call me crazy....

Reply to
Ben Reuter

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

there's an omix-ada wiper motor link listed here:

hope that's what you were looking for -

Reply to
4x4girlie

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You can buy new flanged bronze bushings at your local bearing distributer. The metal linkages should still be fine. I couldn't find a source when I did mine either (1973 CJ5). The new frame I bought did not have the windshield wiper pivot holes in the same place as the original frame. I had to leangthen one linkage and shorten the other to make them work. Keep your old stuff until you get your new stuff done.

Reply to
cj573cj5

maybe try

IsellJeeps

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

As a followup to my post yesterday- I called a number of places today-

was able to help me- sending me the parts needed to rebuilt mine/modify so it will work- they were very helpful Ben

Reply to
news.verizon.net