Man, i love this GC 2001 V8! But. can something be done to the 4.7L?!

Hi folks,

Well, i must say that i am in love with my car. I never drove such a fun car in my life. This new 2001 Grand Cherokee with the V8 blows my

1999 V6 Grand Cherokee away. I mean, it handles like a dream, it drives smooth as a baby's butt and it accelerates like crazy! What more could one ask? I mean, i am so excited about driving this car that i love now to go to work! Just to drive it! :)

Well, i like the added horsepower so much, that i decided to see for myself if there is aftermarket parts for the 4.7L to add some more HP. I am not a mecanically inclined person, but i scoured the net for some tips. One thing i learned is that Jeep has a new engine starting 2002 that is H.O. ( High Output ) that adds some extra HP to the standard

4.7L. And by searchint the net, i found that this H.O. engine was the same 4.7L but with some enhanced parts, and that a regular 4.7L could be turned into a H.O.!

Very excited, i searched and found this link

that sells the needed parts toupgrade the engine to H.O.! The kit adds "approximately 30+ hp gain"according to the website...Whooooa! Is that too good to be true? Iknow that the H.O needs High Premium fuel to work at high HP, butwould the non H.O. 4.7L engine get these 30HP increase with regularfuel with this kit?

I also found this website

that had someperformance parts, but i cannot understand a word on that page! LOL,so i am nit sure if it is even for my GRand Jeep Cherokee 4.7L..."Thiskit includes both left and right cams, higher lift valvesprings,machined lash caps"..no idea what this means. Like i said before, i am not very mecanicaly savy ( heck, i do not even know what a camshaft is), but i can get a friend to do the install for me.

My question to you guys is it worth it? Will the car accelerate any faster? what is the best kit to use?

Oh, and what happens to the warranty if something like that is installed?

Thanks all for your replies and sorry if i seem too novice compared to you guys.

Reply to
Alouf Zen

I hoped you checked with your friend first,:-)

Try here for some more ideas.

---Greg---

Reply to
Greg

If you are raising the compression of this engine, you have to use premium fuel.

Reply to
Mark12211

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III