Why I will never go back to the dealership again

So this is my story of the dealership from hell. I had an oil leak on the power steering pump, the jeep was vibrating bad at 100KM and the check engine light was on. Most of the stuff was covered and they replaced some sensors. So my jeep is ready, I pick it up after work and there is no power steering, It is really stiff and the vibration is still there. I take it back the next day where the guy admits that they did not look at the vibration problem ( Maybe you should have told me). As for the steering they will adjust it. I asked why they did not adjust it when they installed it ( no reply ). I get the phone call around 4pm from the dealership telling me that they were test driving it and had an accident with it. No damage to the jeep they said since it has warn bumpers and they hit from the front. They say the vibration is caused by the front drive shaft and it will be covered. Next day I go to pick it up and the steering is completely screwed. The steering wheel is around 45 degrees off and the jeep is pulling hard to one side. I take it back the next day, I am about to explode at this stage and ask the guy to get in my jeep and drive it and tell me if it is normal ( no reply ). They do a wheel alignment to fix the problem. I go pick it up. I am driving it home and here this clunking sound. I take a look underneath and the skid plate ( mopar that covers the oil pan and front end ) bracket is hitting the front drive shaft. I pull on the bracket and it moves! They had taken it off to replace the drive shaft but did not bother to tighten the bolts that hold the skid plate on and the 2 bolts at the end of the plate were not there.

Gee I wonder if anyone is scratching their heads wonder why no one goes back to get their jeep serviced at the stealership and why people are buying imports.

Reply to
Snowboardripper

twaldron

Wicked eh.

I don't know how long fools think they can stay in business operating like that. Then they wonder why they never see the customer after the warranty runs out... LOL!

You had better check who's record that accident gets reported under. Your plates are on it! That happened to me once, someone else had an accident with my plates and it went on my record. That can affect the insurance coverage at renewal time...

Mike

Snowboardripper wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

...and the imports service is just as bad! More than anything else, the problem is the flat rate system techs must work under more than anythiung else. They are paid a fixed time rate for any repair, and often there isn;t a published time for what they do. They are not piad for quality, they're paid for speed, and this is what you get. Blame the manufacturers for this mess, they won;t fix it and all of them are guilty. Thios is why the good master techs eventually either move to the independent shops, or quit the business altogether. Sad, really crummy state of affairs

Reply to
Jerry McG

I've always said, 'befriend a mechanic!'....

as well as a cop, lawyer, tradesperson, nurse(wink wink), Tim Hortons employee and of course a butcher!!

I prefer the ma & pa type places....your own attitude goes a bit further and since these guys make their living from the work they do (not supplimented by merchandise sales) that you'll get a better job done so they can get you back.

Scary stuff!!

The only bad thing that's happened to me from teh dealership is that they didn't put my oil cap back on after service.....I was getting ready to go on a week long camping trip and was going through my TJ when I noticed an 'open' hole in my manifold. I freaked! Took it down the next day and had them flush it and make a note in the shop log (or whatever you call it) that they hadn't put the oil cap back on. I'm just hoping nothing got in there!! But it's been a year...think I would've noticed by now!

Reply to
SB

(snip)

Jerry; Sounds as if you have only enough understanding of flat rate to repeat the old saws "blame the manuifacturers----" but not enough to relate to the real shop problems which cause Snowboardripper's problems. Too bad. Bob

Reply to
Robert Brace

JD

2K-TJ
Reply to
JD

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Snowboardripper) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

You really should call DCX and complain about the dealership, especially if they're a 'Five Star' dealership.

Just FYI, the U.S. contact info is:

1-800-992-1997 M-F 8am-5pm

Mail

DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center P.O. Box 21-8004 Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004

The Canadian contact info is:

1-800-465-2001 8:30am-4:30pm

- Incoming Paste from DCX website -

Information to Include in a Letter

Your letter should include the following items (where applicable) in order for us to resolve your issue as soon as possible:

Your name Your address Vehicle owner name (if different) Vehicle owner address (if different) Day and evening phone numbers Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Name of dealership where vehicle was purchased Name of dealership where vehicle was serviced (if different) Date of purchase Description of the problem The vehicle metrage at the time the problem began The action you are requesting

NOTE: We need original receipts from the company that provided the service in order to reimburse. If you do not have the original, contact the service provider for a duplicate. Copies are generally not acceptable.

Please provide the above information in document form, attach the receipts and send it to:

DaimlerChrysler Canada Customer Assistance Centre P. O. Box 1621 Windsor, Ontario N9A 4H6

Reply to
Wired Gargoyle