Wrangler Winter Wiper Blades

Thanks for the offer Derrick, I'll keep that in mind. I am still on a mission to find the winter wipers locally. Frank Sawin

Reply to
Frank Sawin

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Your right when the cross winds get up around 50 or 60 mph the wipers just go by themselves along with everything else.

L8r - George

Reply to
Jersey

Isn't there a silicone spray that will keep the ice from sticking so tightly to the metal and rubber? I know it doesn't help when the ice gets into the fromework and jams up but ISTR something like that - along with a warning not to get it on the blades or they became just one big smear machine.

Reply to
Will Honea

Will Honea proclaimed:

I used to have halfway decent luck with that pink waxy stuff that you rub on and swear at. Have had better luck with JC Whitney silicon blades...and just unjamming the blades before putting the thing in gear.

Reply to
Lon

I picked up a pair of blades at AutoZone a few week ago & inside along with each blade was a little package that looked sorta like a handi-wipe & it's labeled Optimizer - (Clean rubber wiper element with the Optimizer pad to increase & prolong wiper performance.) I threw them into the cup holder & forgot about them till now.

L8r - George

Reply to
Jersey

George: Those little cleaning pads have alcohol in then. You can suck on them when you are stuck in traffic. Frank Sawin

Reply to
Frank Sawin

And better fill washer with etanol-based fluid, I have usually 1/1.5 ethanol/water mix to get below -20C. Helps to keep the normal blade clear of ice and the blade's spring system working. I am using normal Bosch blades. Plus you get healthy odor inside vehicle :-)

Some friends have gotten small chases (cuts) into windshield. When wipers come to rest position, the cut helps to clear extra clog from the blade.

Marko

Reply to
marko

I got a set of winter ones from Auto Zone.

Walt Johnson

Reply to
Walt & Lynda Johnson

Heck Your Right, Don't taste half bad either. Guess I'm a cheap New Years Date!

Reply to
Jersey

Frank Sawin proclaimed:

Have you tried J.C. Whitney? Appears to be a prominent link right off the

main page.

Reply to
Lon

Frank Sawin proclaimed:

The winter blades just have covers to help keep ice from building up on them as you drive. They don't do a thing for the fun of crawling out on a cold sleety morning to find an inch of ice covering your wiper blades. Sometimes a goodly shot of concentrated washer fluid poured along the edges will help loosen them enough that the gorilla tactics can be applied without risk to your wiper arms. Not as politically correct, but if your parking area allows it, starting the vehicle and turning the defroster on "blast furnace" setting while you head back indoors for another cuppa joe and a donut works even better.

Reply to
Lon

Jersey proclaimed:

Naww, you need those aerodynamic type blades that won't blow away in 150 mph winds.

Reply to
Lon

No no no, we clean the windshields before leaving, we are talking about the buildup as we drive along. I can reach out the window and snap the end of the blade up in the air to knock ice or heavy snow off it as I am driving along. This saves pulling over for a while, especially when getting off the road is dangerous like in a white out.

Mike

Mike Romain

Mike Romain proclaimed:

Ah, you need the supertopheated washer bottle warmer so you can squirt superheated water and steam at your wipers. Of course then you would also need a heatshock proof windshield.

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That's a pretty good ice buildup ya got there on your windshield, chief. I hope you've consumed enough antifreeze and your nozzle can squirt that far...

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon