XJ front-end noise

My '92 XJ (4WD, no lift, 235/75R15 tires on stock wheels) with 146k miles started making a squeak/groan sound from the front end a couple weeks ago (driver's side I believe). It's intermittent and primarily happening while I turn right. It happens whether I'm braking or not. No noticeable sound above about 35 mph. Any ideas - bearing, bushings, ???

Stephen Gibbs.

Reply to
Stephen Gibbs

Jeep groans on drivers side, eh ... happens mainly after meals? Hmmm :-)

Reply to
bowgus

Pull the rotor and look at the back of the hub flange... if you can see grease, then you need a new hub assembly. $180. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

It might just be a front axle u joint. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego