XJ new cat in UK

Hi - our 96 4.0L Cherokee needs a new exhaust - the cheapest quote was from Hi-Q (tyre/exhaust chain) at 240UKP. The local garage want around 350 as they insist you should only fit a Jeep OEM cat, the nearest Jeep dealer wants around 550.

Does it matter if the cat isn't from Jeep - anyone been here before in the UK & can recommend a source of a non-OEM unit?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Perry

I can't speak for the UK, but in California where the smog police give you a wierd look if you have changed even a bolt that holds on a radiator overflow bottle, to them a cat is a cat. Check out Summit Racing for the universal cats from Catco. They cost around 60.00 or so, and they also have OEM fit cats, but I'm not sure if they have them for Jeeps.

Reply to
RickA