XM Radio hookup

All I'd like to hookup a second car kit for my XM radio in my YJ but have a question: since the company suggests the antennae be placed "high on the vehicle so as to obtain a clear view of the southern sky" how do I do this with a fiberglass top and a magnetic antennae? I tried putting a large flat magnet on the inside to hold it in place but that is less than ideal, have any of you encountered and overcome this issue? Thanks in advance.

H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

I had the antenna on my TJ on the section of metal between the hood and the windshield, next to the vent. Worked fine.

Jerry S.

Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

Reply to
jeff

That's where mine is mounted. On top of the rollbar, just behind my left shoulder. There is even a spiffy little cover for it that you can get from Jeep. Mine came factory, but it looks like the best spot for it.

K.

Help-Slip-Frankl> All

Reply to
Kate