ZJ without front driveshaft

Hi,

Can I drive my '94 ZJ (with an NP-249 transfer case) without the front driveshaft? The front diff needs to be repaired, but until I get that done, I would like save it from further wear. Any way unmounting the driveshaft will help me there? Will I be able to drive the car at all without the driveshaft?

Greetings, Morten

Reply to
Morten Joergensen

Sorry, but unhooking the driveshaft won't help when it comes to front diff damage. The axles and diff are spinning all the time.

You 'can' drive it in 2 wd with no front driveshaft. I can even drive my CJ7 with no rear driveshaft if I stay in 4x4.

Mike

Morten Joergensen wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain