2002 Sedona Delkor battery life?

I have a 2002 Kia Sedona EX, 26 months old with 26,000 miles on it. Yesterday the battery, a maintenance-free Delkor (55-26 FL- MF) 70aH, wouldn't turn the starter, just clicked the solenoid. I charged it overnight, but the meter read 12 volts at the start of the charge and about 10 at the end, 10 hours later. How long should the Kia OEM batteries last, and how long are they warrantied?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Celtfire

Dunno, but I just spent $80 an hour ago buying a new one with an

8-year warranty for my '02 EX. :P

Get this: In december, we bring the van to Sedona, AZ for a trip. Battery dies in the parking lot. I get a helpful camper to give me a jump. (I forgot the cables.)

In May, the kids left all the inside lights on all weekend. It wouldn't start on Monday morning. I charge it with my Maxima and go on to work.

A few weeks later, I take it in to my mechanic to have the oil and tires changed. He checks the battery and says it should be alright for a few months more.

This morning - and I swear the kids didn't leave the lights on - my wife goes to start it and nothing - not a click. I try to jump it with the Max but no luck. I end up dropping wife, both kids, at work/preschool/daycare before heading to local autoparts store and getting new battery. I'll put it in tonight.

FWIW, the OEM battery on my Maxima only lasted about two years. I put a new one in four years ago.

HTH

g2004 at g3prod.cotse.net

Reply to
filesiteguy