2005 Rio Fuel mileage report

Hello

I just did a timing belt change. Now car's performance seems a lot better. I just made a trip from Rochester NY to Amherst Mass approx

360 miles. I mostly drove around 75 on the thruway. My gas mileage was approx 37 mpg. On return trip I mostly drove around 65 or so and stayed mostly off the thruway except for the last 180 miles where max speed was 65. My gas mileage was about 38 mpg not much difference. In city driving I am getting 31 mpg average. Before timing belt change around town driving was getting about 27-28mpg. On the highway I have no idea as I never made a long enough trip to get any kind of reading. Are these results typical for a 2005 Rio ?? Maybe the timing belt had stretched or jumped a tooth causing poor performance ??

Dave

Reply to
zagman