5 year 50k Bumper to bumper warr is BS

From what I hear, the Jetta must be the most overrated car on the road. 2 year /24k mile warranty, at which time, expect the side windows to fail in showers of glass (three times), the ABS and/or airbag system to go out (twice each), and the ignition coils in some model years (2001s I think) are duds. The quantities are indicative of one colleagues cumulative experience in 3 three years.

Reply to
Robert Henry

Chuck Davis

Ahh, but I'd still love go get me into a 500SL.

Kai Ponte

That is a far cry from a Chysler. ronm

Reply to
ronm

I'd settle for a 300M ;o)

Reply to
T. D.

Working in the auto parts industry, and doing alot of business with a Chrysler store, talking to the parts guys there convinced me not to buy a chrysler product....ever.

Reply to
John Reece

I think your very smart.

Reply to
ronm

I'm currently driving a 1995 Neon and it sucks. Like a Geo Metro but with a bigger engine. Nasty little car.

Oh - why? $600 for a 1995 car due to depreciation and nobody wanting them at nearly any price was why.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

He did mention Diamler in the post.

Reply to
Kai Ponte

Your Sorento uses Coil over plug. A ignition coil and igniter with a short extension mounted on top of each spark plug. You won't need to replace any plug wires.

Reply to
Tree

You can't go to Pep Boys for these wires. Go to a real auto parts store. They will have them. I bout them for my 2.5 V6 for $43. Silicone buy the way. The originals were not. Silicone rubber is a high temperature rubber. They should last a lifetime vs the originals.

You need to remove the plenum to replace the plugs and wires. Looks pretty inimidating but in fact wasn't too bad. Alow 1 full day to do the job. Save $300

Reply to
termin8or

We import from sia all the time. Figure 4 weeks by boat, 1week for customs. This does not include any fabrication time. I got 90K out of wires and plugs

Reply to
termin8or