Kia Optima 2006 Reliablity

Im thinking of buying a 2006 Optima just wondering if any one can give me some advise on kias ive never known anyone with one... so im looking for stuff like repair costs basicly is it worthy it to bye one...... i got a daewoo and got burned so im real scared to buy another koren car ...... pls write back

Reply to
daggerfall

I bought a new 2003 SE 6 cylinder three years ago and just turned 54,000 miles.

I have had no problems at all. Just replaced the brakes 1,000 miles ago. Only expense I've had was the recommended service. I'm very happy with my decision to buy this car. It was certainly the most car for the money when I was looking. Another few years and I'll start looking at an Armanti. Any other questions, give me a shout.

Reply to
Kevin

We have a 2002 Optima and have had just a few problems mostly with the door locks. However, dealing with KIA dealer and getting things fixed is a MAJOR hassle. While I'm not all that unhappy with the vehicle I would never buy one again based on the service.

Reply to
BudE

A couple of comments that will hopefully help you:

*The Kia Optima is turning out to be a decent and reliable automobile; the newer, the better;

*Kia/Hyundai (they are working more and more together all the time) is having an almost unprecented increase in overall quality.

*A 2007 re-design is about to come out. While the new engineering is almost always attractive and flashy, whether the new re-desin holds up against the tested and proven predecessor is always a question, especially for the first year or so of the re-design. Meanwhile, that last year before the re-design has the most tested and reliable hardware, and can usually be had for an EXTREMELY attractive price;

*Dealer network, as is always the case, is a key. In my area, I have two Kia dealers, one who may be one of the best in the industry, the other a dud. If you have only one to choose from, find out from other customers whether it is "cool" or "cruel."

*Whatever you can say about Kia, this much you can be sure of - "Daewoo it is NOT" (a good thing);

*Repairs?? A 5 year/60,000 mile basic warranty, and a 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty (easily the best in the industry) should tell you all you need to know.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

daggerfall,

Yes, I can give u some advice on buying a Kia. I bought a 2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback. So far, it's been the best car that I have ever had! No problems thank God!

I recently had a master mechanic take a look aand service it and he was a former Navy engine mechanic for fighter planes. He said that from what he could tell and saw, that it was well engineered! He said that he would have no qualms in buying a Kia; albeit buy a reputable one like Spectra's, Optima's or higher end! But, all the Kia's have a solid warranty and with that kind of a guarantee; I imagine that Kia, which is now owned ny Hyundai; the construction moving euipment people, must be well engineered. Like I said, so far, so good. Opitma was rated as a best but by Consumer Reports Magazine.

D.

Reply to
Daniel Webster