Sorrento 4WD question

Would someone explain the difference between the options for 4WD:

Shift on the Fly 4WD Torque on Demand 4WD

The Kia website completely misses this.

Thanks in advance.

Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my email to reply.

Reply to
RC

Thanks for the expanation. Sounds like the TOD system is what I am looking for.

I used to live in Tampa, so I know about the Florida rains. It rains very little here in southern Nevada, but when it does, we often have bad localized flash flooding. We do have MILES & MILES of dirt roads, soft sand etc. I hear that Kia takes a lot of hits as fas as quality control is concerned, but if you had to do it again, would you buy another Kia? It has all the features I am looking for, real frame, 4WD Hi/Lo etc. It really seems to fit the bill, just leary of the bad press they get.

Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my email to reply.

Reply to
RC

I understand your concerns, but at least from what I've seen the Sorento hasn't been the recipient of bad press, just bad attitudes ("Oh, it's only a Kia..."). This truck is head and shoulders above everything else in its price range and isn't just an overgrown station wagon like the Honda CRV or the rest of the front wheel drive unibody designed pack. Yes, it is a real truck with a real frame and a real live rear axle, and if we were to do it all over again today we wouldn't change anything. FYI, the frame is the same on both the 2wd and the 4wd, and both have nine crossmembers and even skid plates, so no matter what version you get you will have a solid vehicle.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

I'll second that.