110 CSW Condensation reduction ideas please.

Right group,

Time to titivate the 110 a little. I've ordered a new roof liner which should be here in a few days. I'm wondering what folks have done to successfully reduce the levels of condensation in the 110 from the cold air hitting the roof pannels (despite being covered). Either that or I have a leak on the roof somewhere. I can understand it getting past seals but its the area above the seals that seems to collect water on the roof channels.

I'm also on the look out for a good lower dash section if any one has one. My 110 is a RHD 1990 era so pre '07 should do the trick. Then rear CSW door cards, again if anyone has any sat idle.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Well I've covered the inside of the roof with foil backed bubble wrap. 10 meters does a 110 roof with a little to spare. One can of Wickes floor spray on adhesive. Stick the wrap up a treat.

Roof liner is in.. but the sun roof cut out is about 1/4 wider than the last one, so I need to make some trim. What was the name of that web site that did such stuff for older vehicles?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

that'll be

I think.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

that'll be

I think.

Or maybe even...

Bob Hobden

Almost chaps...

it was ...

I was thinking of. As it happens a quick trip to the breakers yard and a rubber surround from a frontera of all things saved the day. Just incase any one else ends up with a gap this rubber trim nicely filled the gap between the new roof liner (with everso slightly bigger hole) and the old plastic clip up sunroof trim (landrover branded).

I also now have a working Radio / CD / MP3 etc etc player thanks to a lidl special... dammed ISO cable connector cost half the price of the radio!

It looks like a new truck inside ... well at least from eye level upwards. Rest can be tarted up shortly, with no doubt a visit to exmoor trims site.

Of and no sign of condensation evident today.. thats the real bonus!

Cheers

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

These people are also worth knowing about, if you have to replace door or window rubbers on older vehicles..

DaveB.

Reply to
DaveB

. .

OK, where did you find that (the foil lined bubble) in such small quantities, or do you "use" it at work? :-)

DaveB

Reply to
DaveB

No.. we've had to stop using it due to rules on torture ;0)

Wickes had it in stock 10 metres long 1 m wide... sold as insulation.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D