110 panels

me again.

Now the fuel and gearbox questions have been answered I'm moving onto the bodywork questions.

If I need to replace the smaller panels on the Landie is there a reliable source for these on-line?

I'm thinking of areas such as the panel below the windcreen where the vents hinge (a common area for rust and corrosion).

I presume I'd need to find the part number from somewhere first. Would the Haynes manual help at all or would a service manual be better?

Reply to
wireless

That would be the top of the bulkhead. You can get repair parts that a good body shop/welder can 'cut and shut' for you.

PS: anyone recommend such a person in the region of South West London? Mine is going too.

Reply to
William Tasso

There's no repair section for the front panel as a such, but there are top corner repair sections that have the corner and about the first

3" of the vent panel. Door pillars are also available. These parts don't have LR part numbers as they are supplied by the aftermarket.

Linsay Porter does the following:

DA3040 Defender Restoration Manual - Haynes £15.99

which may be of interest. The "standard" Haynes manual is better for servicing & mechanical repairs.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

First choice is The EPC, I would say it's a handy item to have especially when you come to the stripping stage often the diagrams are better than those in the workshop manual. Online you can trawl through

parts numbers Derek ( if you struggle getting a copy email me )

Reply to
Derek