98 disco , whats it worth?

R reg, 300 tdi PREMIUM. Auto, new tires, ALL extras + sat nav, heated electric leather, cruise, cd, list goes on.... Metallic Red, 98K FLRSH till 2002 then local garage stamp.... Whats it worth?

All help greatly appreciated!!!!

MC.

Reply to
Mark C.

On or around Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:13:55 GMT, "Mark C." enlightened us thusly:

less than you'd hope, probably. Mind, wasn't someone looking for such a spec, recently?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:13:55 GMT, "Mark C." enlightened us thusly:

yeah, there was someone looking. Richard B.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

So Austin Shackles was, like

Yeah, here he is.

Where are you? (Mark, not Austin. I know where Austin lives. Why have we never met up?)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Will i must say thats the weirdest reply to a post of mine! lol

Im in Essex, London end.

So whats it worth? Any ideas?

MC.

Reply to
Mark C.

I can say without fear of contradiction that it is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Regards Stephen

Reply to
fanie

Everything depends on condition, and for this spec of vehicle the cosmetics are probably at least as important as the mechanicals in securing a good price.

If everything works, the rear arches aren't too rotten and the sunroofs aren't leaking then I'd say it's worth £5500.

What's electric leather? :-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:19:07 +0200, "fanie" enlightened us thusly:

silly bugger.

Mark C.: have a look on ebay, see what similar years/specs are selling for.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

So Tim Hobbs was, like

Parkers

suggest between 4800 and 6500 GBP depending on spec and condition, with trade-in about 5500. Sounds about right.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:54:52 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

aye, well. I've never yet seen anything go for Parker's A1 price.

you gonna buy it then? :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

So Austin Shackles was, like

Gotta sell the Rangie first, but it sounds nice. Long way away though.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Richard Brookman at snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote on 9/2/05 5:54 pm:

Heated seats gone wrong?

We've been looking around for a newer Discovery to replace our 1990 V8i. Big question is petrol or diesel - Bruce has reservations about the diesel, mostly down to how well it's going to tow our twin axle caravan.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

The general condtion is brilliant for its age. Its never been 'worked' and still turns heads with its shine. It has cream leather heated electric seats (7), sat nav, abs , cc, rcl, twin electric sunroof, tow bar (used 7 times!) very good tires all round, 5 spoke alloys, twin airbags, alarm etc etc....

Its actually my dads one and he literally has done 5000 miles in it in the last 3 years needing nothing but a set of glow plugs, brake pads and its services. emissions are really low with no smoke at all on acceleration/pick up. I used it once to tow a series 2a on a massive trailer with 5 people in it and it pulled brilliantly! infact it really cleared it out and was noticably faster after! I work in the motor trade and have had 3 land rovers in the last 2 years, one being a disco 300 and i can honestly say this is still one of the best out there! drives 100%!

What more can i say!

I looked in 'glasses' used car guide but they only had ES spec ones in there, no 'premium'.

MC.

PS. the carpet is dry too! lol

Reply to
Mark C.

It's got wheels ;-)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

So Huw was, like

Hey, that's a novelty. Might buy it for the rarity value alone. ;-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

in article UESOd.582$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net, Mark C. at snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMhotmail.com wrote on 11/2/05 12:05 am:

Sounds nice but its the wrong colour. Bruce wants a green one and he doesn't like to buy cars that are more than 30 or 40 miles away. Also got some surplus to requirements vehicles to get rid of, like the Range Rover, and at some point the Series 3, which Bruce robbed the carb off for the lightweight 'cos it kept cutting out.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

In message , Nikki Cluley writes

Twin axles are not as difficult to tow as people sometimes think. I towed ours OK with a 200 Tdi 90. I now have a 4.0 litre V8 on LPG, but I also tow it perfectly well with a 2.5 petrol VW Transporter auto based camper van

Reply to
hugh

What I mean is, it's not as if you have to walk to see it or carry it home.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

in article snipped-for-privacy@raefell.demon.co.uk, hugh at hugh@[127.0.0.1] wrote on 12/2/05 2:30 pm:

I'll tell him. There are definately more diesels than petrol about, but I think he's really would like a V8 with LPG!

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

In message , Nikki Cluley writes

Well yes, that's how I ended up with a 50th Anniversary Defender rather than a TD5. The 4 litres (series II Disco) with coil packs are much better than the 3.9s with distributor. Go for a multi-point injection gas system. They're much better now than the single point ones.

Reply to
hugh