Clicking

Defender 110 2.5 Tdi - 1992 vintage.

Going round right angled corner - I get a clicking as though something is wedged in the tyre tread - it is road speed consistent.

Checked all the tyres and that nothing is fouling etc. Clicking appears to be coming from the front nearside.

Any offers please as to what it is??? I have in my mind eliminated bearings breaking up as on the straight there is no undue noise or rumble etc.

Reply to
David J. Button

CV joint on the nearside front halfshaft as a first educated guess.

Reply to
EMB

So EMB was, like

Agreed - first thing that came to mind.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Ill third that.

Under £50, 2 hours to change. Max.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

But before you do anything ... check that there's enough oil/grease in the swivel housing. If it only clicks on full lock think about whether it is worth doing anything at all in the short term.

Reply to
Dougal

Thanks gentlemen - you were all correct in your diagnosis - there was oil in the swivel though - guess the cv joint has just worn out on this vehicle which has done 158000 miles.

Thanks once again.

David

Reply to
David J. Button