Almost entirely OT

...but not totally. I just wanted to draw attention to the Land Rover 7x7x7 challenge, where Ranulph Fiennes is running 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days, ending tomorrow in New York.

I think this is a bloody good effort so I've sponsored him (it's for the British Heart Foundation). Details can be found here:

There's also a link to sponsor online. Plus you get your name in lights. We could even make it a community effort by sponsoring and putting "alt.fan.landrover" after our names, although I didn't think of that until it was too late.

Apologies to anybody who doesn't want charity stuff on a LR newsgroup, I hoped I might get away with it as LR are sponsoring it too! I've not supported BHF in the past, and I don't generally bang a charity gong at all, but I was so impressed by the thought of the challenge (he had a heart attack in June) that I had to mention it.

David.

Reply to
David French

On or around Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:59:43 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

bloody amazing stunt. he's done no.6, according to the news today, and en route for NY.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Pah - whimpo...

Had he been a real man he'd have attempted to fix 7 different oil leaks on 7 different Landies in 7 consecutive days - totally impossible for mere mortals...

(Full marks to him, all the same though!)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother